Financial Giving

Jesus’ gift of Eternal Life is free to all who accept it, and we want to make it available for free, which is why we don’t pass round a collection plate in our services.  If you’re looking into Christianity or visiting us, please don’t feel under any obligation to give financially to the churches.

If you’re a committed Christian, then the Bible speaks of the privilege and blessing of financial giving.  Many people who give regularly to the churches do this through a standing order to a specific PCC.  Others prefer to use offering envelopes for their church.  However you give, if you are a UK tax payer we ask that you consider completing a Gift Aid declaration so that the treasurer can reclaim 25p on every £1 you give.

The Christian Worker’s Trust (CWT) is a separate charity which employs the staff team apart from the Vicar.  It is supported entirely through the generosity of the local church family.

If you have any questions about how to give, or the finances of the churches or CWT, please ask the Benefice Office for the contact details of the relevant Treasurer or speak to them directly. 

Each of the three churches has its own treasurer.  The St James and St Johns Treasurers and the St James Giving Secretary are pictured below.  You can obtain details of the St Martins treasurer using the contact us page or by asking the St Martins church wardens. 

give a little

If you would like to give online to St James Church please click here (please note that this enables you to give online to the St James PCC account and does not donate to St Martins, St Johns , the Christian Workers Trust or to the JMJ Benefice.

Or you can scan this QR code to take you to the St James 'Give a little'  page

donna wilcox 2
St John's Treasurer
Donna Wilcox 
Treasurer St James
St James Treasurer 
Janice Eatough

Shirley Aug 2022
St James Giving Secretary
Shirley Courthold


St James PCC is registered with the Charity Commission. Charity no. 1134853
St Martin’s PCC and St John’s PCC are excepted charities


If you notice any errors on this page please use the 'Contact Us' page to let us know.
The website administrator will be alerted and updates made as soon as possible.

Website Admin JJC, 09/10/2012